background

Monday, January 21, 2013

Classes? What!?!

Over this weekend a couple of friends asked me to put together a crocheting class to teach them how to do it. So, after much thought I decided that I would actually do this class.

First off I will flat out tell you that although I have taught pre-schoolers how to do things, I have no idea how it is to teach adults. I am working on my degree in Early Childhood Education and Development not Adult Education. So, if make a mistake or a fool of myself just laugh along with me because honestly this is a complete first for me.

I have decided my first project and am designing my first lesson plan and everything. Who knew that my teaching degree would be helpful in running my business Andie's String Theory! Yay me for at least having some idea how to do this lol.

Our first project is going to be a pot holder. Although this is boring at least it's simple, easy and completely forgiving. Our second project will be a scarf/cowl.

Hopefully, by the end of this week I will have everything completely in place so I can outline everything for my students and make this a cake walk.

Oh please wish me luck on this,

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment